Creamy hummus loaded with delicious toppings is a perfect party appetizer. Serve it up with some crunchy veggies and pita chips, and you and your guests are in for a treat.
This loaded hummus recipe is one of my favorite super simple appetizers. It looks impressive and is totally delicious with a ton of bold Mediterranean flavors. The best part is it requires only 10 minutes of prep time and no cooking at all. It’s easy to make ahead, and can be customized to your tastes with tons of different toppings options.
Take this up a notch with a fresh and creamy homemade hummus, and serve it up with a side of air fryer pita chips and crunchy veggies. This simple and beautiful loaded hummus platter will become a mainstay of your party spread!
You Will Love This
- This loaded hummus dip requires no cooking and is ready in under 10 minutes.
- This pretty appetizer is perfect for customizing with any toppings and hummus flavor that you love.
- Serve this up with pita chips and crunchy veggies and it is both healthy and delicious.
Gather up your ingredients. For this simple dish you will need:
- Hummus: You can use homemade or store bought hummus. I used my creamy lemon hummus recipe, but you could also use other flavors of hummus to give this dish a different spin.
- Toppings: I used kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, seedless cucumber, a few whole chickpeas and some pine nuts in my dish. The options are endless.
Make Your Own Hummus
Hummus is very simple to make with a high speed blender or food processor. You only need a handful of ingredients including chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic (if desired) and cold water. All the (simple) directions are in my easy creamy lemon hummus recipe post.
Best Hummus Toppings
There are tons of options for delicious hummus toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Olives: I used kalamata olives, but green olives, black olives, or any other marinated flavored olive would be great.
- Cheese: I used feta, but creamy goat cheese or diced mozzarella would be delicious
- Seasoned roasted chickpeas
- Roasted red peppers
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Fresh herbs like dill, rosemary or chives
- Diced meats like pepperoni or prosciutto
- Pomegranate seeds
Step One: Spread hummus in an even layer on your platter.
Step Two: Dice toppings into bite-sized pieces. I did a small dice on my cucumbers, halved the cherry tomatoes, and halved some of the olives, while leaving others whole. Arrange your toppings in layers over your hummus.
Step Three: Serve with pita chips or veggies, and dig in!
Best Loaded Hummus
- 10 ounces hummus homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 20 kalamata olives
- Whole chickpeas or pine nuts for garnish optional
- Spread hummus in an even layer on a small platter.
- Dice cucumbers, tomatoes and olives into bite size pieces. Feel free to leave some whole olives for variety.
- Arrange cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and olives in layers on top of the hummus. Garnish with a handful of whole chickpeas or pine nuts.
- Serve with vegetables or pita to dip.