This blackberry strawberry banana smoothie recipe is a great way to start your morning. Full of frozen and fresh fruit, this smoothie is deliciously sweet with a smooth and creamy texture. Your family will love it!
I am always looking for a delicious new smoothie recipe to round out my morning routine. My whole family loves fresh smoothies, and I always feel good about starting off my day with a big serving of fruit. This simple strawberry blackberry banana smoothie recipe makes a delicious creamy smoothie. Frozen banana gives the smoothie a nice thick consistency, and the natural sweetness in the fruit means no added sugar is necessary. This delicious smoothie makes a great easy breakfast, healthy snack for after school, or even a light and refreshing dessert.
My top tip for making this simple fruit smoothie as delicious as possible is to use fresh ripe blackberries. Frozen bananas and frozen strawberries will work great, and make for a thicker smoothie, but I find plump fresh blackberries are much better than frozen!
For other quick breakfast ideas, try my cucumber pineapple green smoothie, ricotta toast with sliced citrus, or mango fruit salad with honey lime dressing.
You Will Love This
- This easy smoothie is the perfect way to start your day, and is a great option for after-school snack.
- You can easily add more protein to this smoothie to make it a full meal by adding a milk of your choice, creamy yogurt or protein powder.
- A refreshing blackberry strawberry banana smoothie is a perfect healthy treat on a hot summer day.
To make this easy strawberry banana blackberry smoothie, you need the following simple ingredients (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Frozen banana: Using frozen banana is key to getting a nice thick smoothie. I highly recommend it over fresh banana in this recipe! If you don't have frozen banana, you can substitute frozen mango, or use fresh banana with some ice cubes to try to replicate the thickness. But frozen banana will make by far the creamiest smoothies!
- Strawberries: I used frozen strawberries, but fresh strawberries would work well too!
- Blackberries: I recommend fresh berries when it comes to blackberries. They are juicier and sweeter than the frozen blackberries I've tried, and make a better smoothie.
- Chia seeds: I added chia seeds for some extra fiber and protein. If you don't have chia on hand, you could try adding some protein powder or greek yogurt for extra protein.
- Water: I really like the fruit-forward flavor of this smoothie, so I just used water. If you want a creamier smoothie, feel free to substitute milk or plant-based milk like oat milk or coconut milk.
- Optional add-ins: Leafy greens are always a great addition to morning smoothies. Baby spinach is very mild in flavor and would be perfect in this smoothie.
Step One: Break the frozen banana into a few pieces, and add it to the bottom of your blender. Add all of the remaining ingredients on top of the banana.
Note: If you have a high-speed blender, it can probably handle bigger pieces of frozen fruit. If your blender is not as powerful, I recommend cutting the banana into slices prior to freezing it. The smaller banana slices will be easier for your blender to handle.
Step Two: Blend until smooth and creamy. If your blender gets stuck at all, stop the blender and give the ingredients a quick stir.
Step Three: Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
In my opinion, smoothies are always best fresh. You can store leftover smoothie in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, but the consistency will change. One great way to save leftover smoothie is to freeze it into popsicles! All you need is a simple popsicle mold, and smoothie popsicles are a great healthy treat on a hot day.
Blackberry Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups sliced strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cups water
- Break the frozen banana into a few pieces, and add it to the bottom of your blender. Add all of the remaining ingredients on top of the banana.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If your blender gets stuck at all, stop the blender and give the ingredients a quick stir.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately!
Leave a Reply