This iced lavender latte recipe is perfect for summer. With homemade honey lavender simple syrup, creamy milk and strong espresso, this homemade latte is even better than your local coffee shop!
I will admit, I am a coffee snob. It didn’t used to be this way. Back in grad school, I was a simple Folgers girl, and I gladly drank my lukewarm home brew from a travel mug all day at school. Once out in the professional world, I moved on to Starbucks lattes, super sweet and barely even coffee at all. When my kids were babies, I would microwave my poor neglected coffee mug more times than I care to admit, just so I could steal a few hot sips between diapers and meltdowns.
Now, working from home, with my kids off at school during the day, I am experiencing a very welcome coffee renaissance in my life. My sweet sister gave me my first espresso machine about a year ago, and I can barely imagine a morning without it now. I am always experimenting with new coffee drinks, and I promise to post more to the blog soon for my fellow coffee lovers.
This homemade lavender latte is a delicious drink, perfect for a relaxing morning on the porch or a hot summer afternoon pick-me-up. The honey lavender syrup is full of sweet floral flavors that are a perfect complement to strong coffee and creamy milk. This lavender latte is also great hot, just skip the ice and froth up some warm milk! Use your leftover lavender syrup for a pitcher of sweet honey lavender lemonade.
You Will Love This
- Making your own simple syrup is easy, and this honey lavender syrup will keep in a mason jar in the fridge for at least two weeks. That means a delicious iced latte at your fingertips in minutes all summer long!
- This latte is naturally sweetened with only honey – no artificial junk!
To make a delicious lavender latte, you need the following simple ingredients (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Honey lavender simple syrup – this takes about 35 minutes to make, but it keeps well in the fridge for at least two weeks. To make honey lavender simple syrup, you need honey, water, and culinary lavender buds. See the full recipe here!
- Espresso: If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use strong cold brew instead.
- Milk: Use whatever milk you like best! I used 2%, but you could use whole milk for an indulgent treat, or oat milk or any other plant-based milk.
Step One: Make the espresso using an espresso machine and set aside.
Step Two: Add the lavender simple syrup to a tall glass (mine was 16 ounces). Pour the shot of espresso into the glass and stir to combine.
Tip: This latte can be made as mildly sweet or heavily sweet as you want. That’s the beauty of making your own coffee drinks at home! I don’t like super sweet drinks, so I preferred 1 tablespoon of syrup in my latte. A tablespoon of syrup made a mildly sweet latte, and two tablespoons made a very sweet latte, similar to Starbucks. After two tablespoons, I couldn’t drink it. 🙂
Step Three: Fill the glass with a handful of ice. Pour in the milk. Stir everything together until well incorporated. Garnish with lavender sprigs and serve.
Honey Lavender Latte
- 1-2 tablespoons honey lavender simple syrup
- 2 ounces espresso (a double shot)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Make the espresso using an espresso machine and set aside.
- Add the lavender simple syrup to a tall glass (mine was 16 ounces). Pour the shot of espresso into the glass and stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with a handful of ice. Pour in the milk. Stir everything together until well incorporated and serve.