Poinsettia mimosas are a festive take on a classic mimosa, using cranberry juice in place of orange juice for a pretty drink that is full of holiday cheer. These beautiful cranberry Christmas cocktails are perfect for the holiday season, or any time of year!
Looking for a classic cocktail for your holiday brunch? These festive cranberry mimosas are it! Nicknamed a "poinsettia drink," this delicious champagne cocktail is ideal for Christmas morning, with a vibrant color that is sure to get you in the holiday spirit. With only two simple ingredients (yes, two), this recipe could not be easier. Garnish your champagne flutes with fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprigs for a sweet and simple drink that makes the perfect holiday cocktail.
Serve your poinsettia mimosa with sweet cream pancakes, brioche french toast casserole and homemade air fryer hash browns for a Christmas brunch your whole family will remember. Looking for more holiday drinks? Try a Bailey's Peppermint Espresso Martini or Apple Cider Martini for a delicious cocktail with a little more punch.
You Will Love This
- This festive cocktail is the perfect choice for your holiday parties. The vibrant red color is ideal for a Christmas mimosa.
- This delicious mimosa is on the sweet side but with great balance from tart cranberries and dry champagne.
- This is a truly easy recipe. In fact, it's barely a recipe at all. But with all the other activity at the holidays, that simplicity is exactly what you need!
This cranberry mimosa recipe requires only two simple ingredients:
- Brut champagne: Brut champagne is the most dry type of champagne, and is perfect for champagne cocktails.
- Cranberry juice cocktail: I used Simply Cranberry Cocktail in my mimosas, which contains pure cranberry juice, water and cane sugar. If you like the flavor of pure cranberry juice, you could substitute that in this recipe, but you may want to add a small amount of simple syrup. My personal preference is for a high quality cranberry juice cocktail because I think that extra added sugar helps balance out the dry champagne better than 100% tart cranberry juice.
- Optional: Garnish your champagne glass with a sprig of rosemary and fresh cranberries for a beautiful cocktail.
Step One: Chill your champagne and cranberry juice.
Step Two: Fill a champagne flute approximately half full with champagne, about 3-4 ounces.
Step Three: Top off the champagne flute with 3-4 ounces of cranberry juice.
Step Four: Garnish the cranberry champagne mimosa with a sprig of fresh rosemary and a few fresh cranberries, and serve immediately.
- 3 ounces Brut champagne
- 3 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig optional
- 3 fresh cranberries optional
- Chill the champagne and cranberry juice.
- Fill a champagne flute approximately half full with champagne, about 3-4 ounces.
- Top off the champagne flute with 3-4 ounces of cranberry juice.
- Garnish the cranberry champagne mimosa with a sprig of fresh rosemary and a few fresh cranberries, and serve immediately.