This easy White Christmas Mojito is the perfect festive drink for the holiday season. With a creamy coconut base, and a bright mint and pomegranate garnish, this gorgeous cocktail will be the hit of your Christmas party.
Looking for a beautiful cocktail to get your guests in the holiday spirit? Look no further than this White Christmas Mojito. I saw this cocktail on Half Baked Harvest years ago, and I have been wanting to make it ever since. Well, this is the year! I finally made my version this week, and I’m happy to report it’s delicious. This Christmas mojito recipe has all the sweet and minty flavor of the classic summer drink, and is one of the prettiest cocktails I have ever seen. It’s perfect to get you and your guests in the holiday spirit.
Fresh mint leaves are mixed with simple syrup, fresh lime juice, white rum and coconut milk for a creamy and delicious cocktail. Top each glass with a lime wedge and a big sprig of mint. The final festive touch is a sprinkle of pomegranate arils, which add a sweet and juicy flavor and a beautiful pop of color against the creamy white drink.
You Will Love This
- This delicious white Christmas mojito cocktail is the perfect cocktail for all your holiday parties.
- This fun take on a classic mojito is so pretty and festive!
- The creamy coconut base of this cocktail makes a great summer drink too – just leave the pomegranate off and substitute coconut rum for an easy beachy coconut mojito.
To make white Christmas mojitos, you will need the following simple ingredients (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- White rum: I used plain white rum in my cocktail, but feel free to substitute coconut rum for an even more intense coconut flavor!
- Simple Syrup: The classic version of this cocktail from Half Baked Harvest calls for sugar instead of simple syrup. I prefer to use simple syrup because I don’t like the texture of grains of sugar in my drink. You can buy simple syrup at the store, or follow this recipe for a super simple homemade option. But feel free to use white sugar if you prefer!
- Mint and Lime: Classic mojito flavors. Use fresh lime juice for the best flavor.
- Coconut Milk: I recommend canned coconut milk for the best creamy consistency in this recipe.
- Club soda or sparkling water: for a little fizz!
- Pomegranate seeds: This beautiful garnish is a perfect pop against the white color of the cocktail. You can substitute any other red fruit you prefer – raspberries or cranberries would be pretty.
Step One: Add the fresh mint leaves, simple syrup and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint leaves to release the mint flavor.
Step Two: Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the white rum and coconut milk. Shake for about 30 seconds. Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
Step Three: Top off the drink with club soda. Taste and add additional lime juice to taste if you like! Sprinkle fresh pomegranate arils over the top of the drink, and garnish with a fresh mint sprig and lime wedges.
Note: When I made this cocktail, the club soda poured on top of the coconut mixture caused a layer of creamy foam on the top of the drink. It was perfect for holding up the pomegranate arils, so I chose not to stir it in. But, if the foam bothers you, just stir the cocktail a few times after adding the club soda and it will dissipate.
White Christmas Mojito
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces coconut milk
- club soda to top glass (approximately 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils
- Add the fresh mint leaves, simple syrup and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint leaves to release the mint flavor.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the white rum and coconut milk. Shake for about 30 seconds. Strain the mixture into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top off the drink with club soda. Taste and add additional lime juice to taste if you like! Sprinkle fresh pomegranate arils over the top of the drink, and garnish with a fresh mint sprig and lime wedges.